Afghanistan runoff elections canceled?

Abdullah announced Sunday he would withdraw from the election against Afghan President Hamid Karzai that was scheduled in the wake of widespread claims of fraud during initial balloting in August.

Do you think Afghan Foreign Minister Abdullah Abdullah's withdrawal from next weekend's election might speed or delay President Barack Obama's decision on a war plan?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I hope he takes his time. We talking about soldiers here,who would be sent to the war. There is just nothing to rush . Anybody who screams just send more and more troops, don't understand the issues & problems there.

I did not vote for him ,but I support him taking the time to consider what is the best thing to do.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I think this is a stick in his spokes. He has been able to blame Bush for so much and that has gotten very tired and I think the WH knows that the American people aren't buying it any longer. So they devise a plan to blame or excuse the draw out of making a decision on the run off election taking place in Afghanistan and now that this may not be happening he won't be able to place the blame on them. I am sure his brilliant spin masters will find some outside reason of why he isn't capable able to make a decision with regard to additional forces.

JMVHO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Once again, I think QuinnMae hit the nail on the head.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Anon :18 do you not understand that last month was the deadliest month of the entire campaign? What part of that screams "no need to rush" to you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I don't get it so I don't try. The whole thing is fishy to me. I did hear some White House representative say he still would not decide till after he got back from somewhere he was going on the 11th.
    It's all pretty disgusting really. I just pray for the soldiers.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• "I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support... I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
    —Marine 2dLt Clifton B. Cates, 96th Co., 19 July 1918, 1045 a.m., from records of the U.S. 2d Division (Regular)
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2009