Where do go for Thanksgiving or do you put on the whole feast?

I have Thanksgiving here and put the whole feast on lol

mammafox

Asked by mammafox at 7:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Holidays

• me and my hubby don't have a place to go we don't live by anyfamily but this year I'm going to cook all I hope is that I won't burn the turkey haha I never help cook dinner in holiday I'm a bit scred but it needs to be done haha
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 7:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Just bought our own house... throwing thanksgiving by myself for the first time! Heh. At least my MIL is coming to help. It's for my DHs side of the family... so it's only going to be 7 of us... But it's still an undertaking! We're having lunch with the DHs family, and dinner with my family. A lot of thanksgiving food!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:09 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• We go to my familys house first and say hello to everyone in the morning, and then we go to his familys and have dinner. Then we switch it around for Christmas. I always liked Christmas more and he likes Thanksgiving, so that is our little deal.
    shannonre

Answer by shannonre at 2:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• We are having thanksgiving at home just me, hubby, and the kids.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Hopefully this year I can convince my DH to just have a dinner here for me, him, and our three kids!
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Just to elaborate: The year we bought our house, we offered to host since we had plenty of room and we don't smoke. In the past we were shoved in like sardines at a smoky house with 16 people. Not fun. So we arranged it all, weeks in advance, talked to everyone about what they were bringing and had high hopes for finally having a PLAN since they only ever rushed around throwing crap together. WELL the day of, SIL decided that since she couldn't come at 4pm like we'd ALL agreed on weeks before. So she told everyone to come to our house at 1pm. And they showed up unannounced, without anything they said they would prepare. My DH's grandmother took my ingredients to my dressing to use in something of hers, then MIL said, "you should have already had the turkey ready." I went to the laundry room, and called my sister hyperventilating I was so mad! We will NEVER invite them here again.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Well my friends have so much drama going on, I think we shall do Thanksgiving here by ourselves just me and hubby and the kids this year. I make a good roast turkey, and the best cornbread dressing! So we will have that, along with a baked sweet potato for me and mashed for hubby and kids. And of course dessert. Baked apples, and then whatever the kids want me to make.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• If it's at my house, I do it all. I don't want any store bought crap or boxed foods or something from the deli at Thanksgiving. Really, at any meal, but especially a holiday.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I always do Thanksgiving. Usually we have guests, but this year I think it will just be 4 of us (our oldest is in Baltimore)......that can always change though.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• We usually do Thanksgiving at my grandparents, their wedding anniversary is usually right after Thanksgiving. If we do stay home, we do a special dinner with T-bone steaks instead of turkey, because we eat turkey pretty often and steak very rarely.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 11:03 AM on Nov. 3, 2009