What do you think of this?

"All religons are but stepping stones back to God"

presleyfan1

Asked by presleyfan1 at 7:56 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree.

There was another quote I read a long time ago about how religions are like many paths up the same mountain. And the only person who isn't getting any closer to the top is the one running around the bottom telling everyone else they're going the wrong way.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I agree. I don't think we should assume we know everything or can possibly understand God's plan for everything.
    presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 7:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I can agree with that.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i disagree, simply because not all religions assume God as the Head, or even an existing entity. religion does not =God.

Matthew 7:13-14 (New King James Version)
    13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:26 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Arrogant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I can't possibly agree knowing what some people have done in the name of religion. Religion is the ultimate weapon of mass destruction.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:34 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Let me say- I totally believe that Jesus is God's son and worship them both...I just find this statement neat because I think there is no way for us to understand the meaning of everything...there are several people who believe that if you are not Christian you go to Hell and I just think that we have no idea why God planned to have all the different people he did.

Arrogant? I disagree.

hair- I totally see what you're saying as well...I know that not all have one God...I think this is just a neat statement.

Oh and it's a Pawnee Proverb
    presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 8:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Irish- oh I love that, that's great.

presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i dont agree
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• While I don't believe in any God, I think this statement is true. I think, while all religions are different in some ways, the ultimate purpose is to bring people closer to their God. Whose to say that God is not the same God to all people....just different according to others beliefs? God is God, and as long as one is following a belief, they are following that path to God.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 2, 2009