Sharp pain in my leg?

Whenever I'm asslep and I stretch my legs out all of a sudden I get a sharp pain, like a bad cramp and it doesn't go away for a few minutes.It only happens when I stretch my leg and then it stays a bit sore for a few days. Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• absolutely normal...good ol' charlie horse. I had never had one until I was pregnant with my first son and I thought I was going to die. My (now ex) husband told me to massage it and I told him if he touched my leg I would kill him! After time i realized he was right and massaging did help if you can stnad to be touched while in pain. When I found out I was pregnant with my second I DREADED getting them again.....I didn't have any with him!!! Good luck, they will be over soon :)
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• If you pregnant yes that is normally... The baby is sitting on ligaments...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• im 32 weeks and I have the same problem... I was told its a charlie horse and to eat bananas! So far its been helping me :)
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 8:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• ooooo Charlie Horse!!! omg... SOOO painful. I used to scream in the middle of the night and make my husband jump ten feet, and then rub the CRAP outta my calf until it went away. ooohhh that hurts.... I feel ya girl!!!!

bannanas are a wonder. Idk why. I'm sure there's some vitamins and chemical blah blah blahs that make your muscles more relaxed, or keep your body more limber when you're not moving...

I haven't had any Charlie horses this pregnancy as of yet (33 wks), but I learned a "preventative" method... when you stretch, try to push your heel down, instead of pointing your toes. I've been doing that, and so far, so good. When you DO get them, do the same thing. Push your HEEL DOWN, not your toes.

Another way of doing that is to put your hands flat on the wall, and do a lunge. If you feel like getting out of bed. Face the wall, hands flat, put one knee (the non-hurting one!) about a foot from the wall CONT
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 9:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• and the other leg about three feet back or so. Bend your front knee to 90* (or as close to it as you can). You should feel a good stretch from the back of your heel, all the way up to your butt. That'll relieve the pain and release the muscle tension.

However if it's 3 in the morning and the pain is really bad, getting up, walking on the leg and getting to the wall is like... not even reasonable. So push your heel towards the foot of your bed and grip your SO's arm until the pain subsides! Hope that helps!!!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 9:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2009