Breakfast ideas for a toddler.

My dd is just tired of eating what i fix her for breakfast. Cereal, pancakes,eggs??

ashlee31627

Asked by ashlee31627 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son LOVES french toast - for a treat you can mix the egg with chocolate milk instead of white before dipping. If you cut a hole in the bread for an egg, use a heart shaped cookie cutter so he has an "egg heart" in the middle. Also - we love melon for breakfast, not a good time of year for them but occasionally you can find a soft one (honeydew and cantaloupe are faves). Have you tried making a "face" in your son's pancakes with bits of fruit? Or make a "sandwich" with pancakes for the bread and all fruit (jelly) for the filling?
    For the winter I like to serve my kids a hot breakfast - oatmeal mixed with some diced fruit or grits mixed with cheese and butter.

Answer by missanc at 9:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Yogurt, banana, grapes, smoothies, french toast ( a different twist to french toast is to cut a hole in the bread, butter the bread and put it in the skillet and crack an egg in the middle, toast, flip, toast, serve)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Don't just limit yourself to breakfast foods! My son has eaten chicken noodle soup for breakfast! Ask her to help you decide on new things for breakfast!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:05 AM on Nov. 2, 2009