Why does a toddler need an Uncombined MMR instead of a Combined Vaccine?

Today I decided to look for information about the MMR vaccine and all I got was Autism Information and the idea the one should ask for uncombined vaccines.

Anyone have an idea of the MMR vaccines and how they are given?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The MMR is a vaccine that is for measles, mumps, and rubella. Some people in the autism community feel that the combined vaccine poses a threat (there is no evidence vaccines cause autism, but there's no evidence to support otherwise either). I did not give my younger kids the combined vaccine either due to concerns (my oldest has autism). You can ask for the vaccine to be separated, but it's usually expensive and while drs offices will give them, they usually put it upon you to order and receive the vaccine to bring to them. People that say you should get the vaccine separated say it should be given at 3 separate times so you don't overwhelm the system with that much vaccine at one time. I did not get my kids vaccinated due to the overwhelming cost of getting them separated.

Answer by missanc at 9:33 AM on Nov. 2, 2009