repost i messed up

apparently i used a "bad word" last time. so for those of you who already answered i'm sorry i couldnt see them.
i got my depo shot in july and bc of that shot i had light bleeding or spotting non-stop for the last 3 1/2 months. (well it may have stopped like two days right at the end of the shot which was oct 15th). There also, of course, is that week window you have to get another shot, so its tech still working. my question is, when can i assume af has started? i've never had a clear stop start, other than those two days that may have very very lightly spotting. dh and i want to start ttc, so its kinda hard to chart when it doesnt make any sense lol

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 8:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Health

• Charting isn't about your period...it's about your cervical position, cervial mucous, and basal body temp...you can start charting any time...even on bc. Don't worry about the spotting, get familiar with what your cervix is doing and by the time you actually have a real period, you will have a basic understanding of your body to help you out in TTC. Good luck
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I agree with Jademom07. Don't worry about the bleeding. Just chart. It will all straighten itself out over time. And if you're charting, you'll be able to see it doing that. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i guess bc i'm charting using a website, i have confused the computer lol. there's also no constant cm pattern right now, so between that, my weird bleeding, and high temps....i've thrown it off...lol its changed my ovulation day 4 times....and now its saying it was two weeks later than before.....cant wait to be normal again lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Don't worry about the computer right now. Just chart. When you start seeing a recognizable pattern, then you can start relying on the computer more. I've been charting for a while, and the computer still messes mine up sometimes; like it said I ovulated last Tuesday, but I know that I really didn't ovulate until Friday -- and if I didn't know that, then I would be freaking out come next week with no period! The computer can help you see patterns, but keep in mind that it's specifically looking for a pattern, and it will try to find one even if there isn't a pattern to find, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2009