Could this be my baby moving into the birth canal?

Im 32 weeks pregnant (I think im farther along from my last period but the docs say no... But they say im measuring ahead?) Anyway I havent slept on my back in months, but I will roll over at night to switch sides. When I roll over onto my back I get awful pressure and pain in my vagina.... Is this normal? It only lasts for a second cause I roll over to my other side immediately but its a concern I have. So is it normal? what do you think is causing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pretty normal! If your baby has flipped, and the head is down you are going to be feeling a lot of new stuff. Also he is starting to put on a lot of weight so there will be just more pressure and pains! :-) I have measured ahead with all my kids. With my firstborn I was 5 weeks ahead at one point. He was just really tall!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Wow did you have any of your kids early micheledo?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Your baby doesn't move down into the birth canal until you are fully dilated and about to deliver. The pain and pressure in your vagina is normal for the last trimester of pregnancy.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:14 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Only my firstborn was early - 3 weeks! He was 23 inches long and is still tall for his age. There is no way we were wrong on his due date either. I had problems early on in the pregnancy and they did ultrasounds. They actually thought my due date might be too early!! I am hoping #4 comes early, but we will see!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2009