I hate lawmen!!! They gave them my name

We had a strange dog running the neighborhood last night, so I called the dog catcher...the PD showed up to collect the dog...they brought the dog's collar back to my DH (have no idea why). At 11pm last night, a lady was banging on the door wanting her dog's collar back...she had moved in across the street sometime yesterday. She had called the police and they gave her the dog back and told her who had called it in and also told her to come get the collar from us...My DH is ticked...he is going to file a complaint against the officer...if she wanted the collar back, the PD should have collected it, not her. We had been in bed since 10.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 8:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow....how weird is that! I'm glad your DH is filing a complaint against the officer for unprofessional behavior. I don't know what the laws state about privacy in such matters, but that wasn't very nice of him to tell the neighbor who you were and to handle it on her own. What if you had answered the door with a gun, for crying out loud? And to give you the collar - what a strange thing to do!
    I hope you gave, or will give, that new neighbor of yours a piece of your mind, especially if she is rude or causes you trouble from here on out. She better learn that just because she is new does not excuse her for rude behavior and to expect strangers in the neighborhood to know who her dog is right away. If she had taken care of it properly, then this whole mess wouldn't have happened.
    Next time, answer the door with a weapon.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I believe its illegal for them to give out names and such! Id file a complaint as well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• If the dog had a collar on then why didn't you "collect" the dog and return it to their owner yourself? Our dogs are like our children to us, it would break my heart if someone would call the police and dismiss them instead of trying to find us by calling our phone numbers on their tags.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Anon :54...it had no tags just a old collar...and I had never seen the dog before. SO, if it would have had tags, I would have called them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Why would the PD bring you the collar? That is so bizarre! I'd call and complain, too. ugh!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i do have to say that is strange...*scraching head*...but the owner of the dog should have waited till it was a decent time to knock on your door and politly say xcuse me pd said u have "fluffys" collar. i am so sorry he got lose i just moved in and he got away...there was no need to be mean. but maybe she had a bad day..i dont know. i would go down to the police station and ask why a name or add was given to owner.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Yah, this is just wrong! I would go down the station and question this too. Sounds like this was mishandled. Luckily it was only annoying in this case, but you never now what kind of nut jobs you're involving yourself w/, that's the pd's job to deal w/not yours! You go do the right thing Mama! That's what we mama's do best : )
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2009