What Can I Do For My Daughters Cold?

I think my daughter has a cold do you know of any home remedies? I was thinking about buying a humidifier. Do you think that will help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a vaporiser works better. vicks baby rub, steam up the bathroom if she cant breath,keep her warm
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Yes! Vicks and a vaporiser.. Also tylenol or something to help with fevers or aches the cold may give her
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 9:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• It depends on her age - my dr recommmeded Benadryl to help with my son's runny nose (he's 11 months). And raise the head of her crib to help her sleep (some people put blankets under the mattress, I lowered the foot of my son's crib to the lowest setting while keeping the head on the 2nd setting.

Answer by missanc at 9:26 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• If it's a cold and especially for the stuffed up nose it's good to use a vaporizer ,vapor rub they have liquid you can put into the vaporizer if you'd prefer it that way. Running the shower and sitting in the bathroom in the mist helped mine until the cold medication (the doctor told me was best at the particular age my kids were at the time). My youngest has Asthma and the humidifier works best for it I've found out. Lots of hugs and cartoons helped both our spirits over the years.
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2009