Does anyone have any information on incompetent cervix?

I have had 3 miscarriages. Two without a cerclage and one with a cerclage. Does anyone have any information or helpful advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had an incompetent cervix. My doctors told me that it usually corrects itself over time. One dr referred to me as a late bloomer. He said that an incompetent cervix is what a child's cervix looked like. I was diagnosed with it at the age of 18 and it closed and looked normal by the time I was 27.

One thing that my doctors thought might have contributed to the problem was the pill. I had very irregular periods due to a hormone imbalance and was put on the pill to regulate my cycle at age 12. My doctors think that taking the pill at such a young age and continuing it for so long caused a hormone problem that kept my cervix from developing as it should. I quit taking the pill and 3 years later my cervix was normal.

Have your doctor check your hormone levels, and not just estrogen, tell him to check your prolactin levels too. It is a simple blood test, but needs to be done in the morning after fasting all night.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2009