Proof That We Should Still Boycott Nestle?

Everything I have found regarding the CURRENT boycott of the Nestle company has no actual proof listed regarding CURRENT unethical practices. Can someone please show me some proof that we should still be boycotting Nestle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Boy did I boycott Nestle this weekend... I passed out candy bars and I ate dozens of candy bars.... Yummy...... No boycotting here..... Bring on the candy...

Oh, and from the looks of the shelves at the stores, I didn't see much boycotting going on there either!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• http://www.babymilkaction.org/pages/boycott.html
    This page tells you about the Nestlé boycott and the different ways you can support it. Bookmark this page for its useful links.

Nestlé is targeted with the boycott because monitoring conducted by the International Baby Food Action Network (IBFAN) finds it to be responsible for more violations of the World Health Assembly marketing requirements for baby foods than any other company (see the codewatch section for profiles of the different companies to target their malpractice).
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i didn't know we were boycotting nestle...i'm should be excommunicated, i guess.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Nestle hasn't violated the edicts of IBFAN in more than two decades; the boycott is totally unnecessary now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• The commercials here begin with the commercial stating that breastmilk is best.....also....many companies in general make "claims", it is the responsability of the individual to make educated choices. I breast fed my daughter for 4 months and now we use formula.......just for arguements sake....with all the pollution and chemicals we injust simply from our food how much safer can our breastmilk be (retoracle question here)? Of couse there has to be ethical/moral standards.....I am NOT disputing that.....just trying to look at this from both POV.
    Danickasmom

Answer by Danickasmom at 10:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• If you check out the IBFAN, UNICEF and WHO websites on the subject, you'll find that their issues with Nestle are extremely nit-picky; all about wording on packages and the like. It's ridiculous. Not to mention that some of the same people who are angry with the WHO regarding the safety of the H!N! vaccine are also preaching what the WHO has to say about Nestle as gospel. Double standard, anyone?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• the reason their are "nit-picky" is b/c in the past Nestle has violated regualtions for baby formula with gross neglagence and false advertising and promoting. they are just trying to keep Nestle honest for parents as consumers.
    Anonymous

• Anon 11:18, you make a good point, however it has been YEARS since Nestle changed their policies and marketing strategy to comply with the International Code. How is continuing to boycott them helping anyone?
    Anonymous

• I doubt this "boycott" is very successful considering they are still doing a brisk business.
    Anonymous

• OMG. This crap is still going around? I don't know to laugh or just walk away shaking my head....geez.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2009