Did U?

Did you go in labor on ur own or did you use something to start your labor?

tiffany0317

Asked by tiffany0317 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i just walked a whole bunch the day b4 and the day i went into labor. so i guess you would call that on my own right?
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• On my own with all 3..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My water broke and I had very light contractions. After I got to the hospital and walked around for an hour or so to try to see if they would get stronger, they did an ultrasound to make sure she was head down and it turned out I had two bags of water. The midwife broke the second bag and then put me on Pitocin because the contractions still weren't very strong or close together. After she broke that second bag, it's quite possible the contractions would have gotten stronger on their own but I'll never know for sure. Since my water broke and I was group B strep positive she wanted to make sure the baby was born within 24 hours.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• with my first i had a huge burst of energy and walked every where, took the stairs instead of elevator, ran errands for everyone, i went to the doctor at lunch and they checked me and i was in labor (but i didn't even know it b/c it was back labor) so i was admitted

with my second i was hurting really bad and i started getting some clothes out of the washing machine and after i put them in the dryer i told my dh, "take josie to mom's we gotta go"

so both times it came naturally
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I was induced and 6 days overdue :[
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 9:56 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I was in non-progressive labor for a long time...more than 12 hours of contractions with no change in dilation, so I went to the hospital and they kept me over night and the next day they were going to break my water and they had to give me pitocin...contractions started regularly on Friday morning at 9 and my son was born Saturday afternoon at 4:36 via c-section...he was turned wrong!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I was induced for both of mine---first was overdue with very low amneotic fluid and second was a very high risk pregnancy. I would have loved to gone "on my own" but oh well. both boys are healthy and that's all that matters. Also both of my inductions were very easy and no problems due to inductions. Neither labor was any more painful than going into labor naturally---I mean what I describe and others that went into labor on their own describe seem really similar.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• With my DD, I was feeling a lot of stress to hurry up and get her out because of other things going on at the time. I tried everything that my midwife said was safe, and all that happened was I made myself really uncomfortable in a variety of ways for the last couple weeks I was pregnant. They all just came on their own when they were ready, regardless of what I did or didn't do.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:17 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• on my own, but both of them stalled so i needed pitocinwith both and with my first they broke my water
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:25 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I was staying off my feet and trying my hardest to make my scheduled c-section, but went into labor at 37 weeks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2009