Has anyone thanked our troops? They are fighting for our freedom....

My God Bless them and keep them safe! Glad my husband only stayed 9 weeks when it first took place....

goldielock37

Asked by goldielock37 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes I do. I thank my husband everyday that he walks through our front door. He is an active duty US Marine and has served 2 tours in Iraq and volunteered for a 3rd deployment to Afghanistan. I thank all our troops and their families every chance I can. They get my utmost respect. I am a VERY proud Marine Wife and I'm SO proud of my husband and all our troops for what they do. They put their lives on the line to defend and protect their families, their country, and those who don't give a damn about them, so that other don't have to.

God Bless ALL our Troops and their families. My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones. Also, big hugs to all our Mommas who are going through a deployment right now.
    USMCwife-mom2

Answer by USMCwife-mom2 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• "They are fighting for our freedom"

Please explain exactly what that means, and how they are going about that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• oh Lord anon, don't be a bitch you know what she means
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My Husband is one of those troops. He has been there since June. I think its amazing what they do. They give up so much just to make sure there country is safe. He doesnt get to come in for his leave until march. When he left he left a wife a 3 year old and a 10 month old. Also i am pregnant and with the way his leave falls he wont even get to see our daughter until she is 4 months old. Then wont be home to stay until she is 6-7 months old. I couldnt do the job they do for us. Thank you all and for all you military families stand strong and thank ur troop for us all.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• No need to thank them i am one of them...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I genuinely don't.

I hear that a lot, but I have no idea how they are ACTUALLY fighting for freedom, and what freedom actually means.
    I would love an explaination.
    Anonymous

• I dont generally support or agree with war. I do support my fellow human being so I send care packages. My cousin is stationed in Afghanistan right now and she'll be done with her 12 month deployment in Feb.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 10:00 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• *ANON*____They fight for what our country stands for... which is freedom. They fight to help give others the same opportunities that you have in life. I understand that some do not believe in this war we are fighting but if you were those people(the innocent ones) wouldnt you like to have the opportunity to have freedom also?
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• cafe mom is too full of bitchy people who can't resepect others so when you ask a question like this you can only expect people to come on and say 'why what blah blah' i thank one every day i couldn't be prouder to call him my husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Our family sends care packages. We still send them even though my son has returned safely home from Iraq, but he has given us the name of Red Cross workers as a field hospital to which to send the items. I know how happy it made my son to receive something from home, and I am more than happy to share that feeling with anyone else that needs a pick me up until they can come home as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 2, 2009