Sims 3

Does anyone play Sims 3? Do you like it, and do you think it's worth the money? I have been playng the Sims 2, but was thinking about getting the new one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Entertainment

• I played for a little bit and liked it. There is so much more that you can do in the game.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Avid Sims fan here - Sims 3 is different. I like it a lot, and felt it was worth the money I spent on it. However, if you are looking for a newer, updated version of Sims 2, you might not like it. They changed a lot of things, so to me it feels like a whole different game. The needs system has changed, and the aging system is different, for example. If you like to play several different households within the same neighborhood, the new design make it difficult. However, if you got a good machine, the scenery and sim detail is amazing. That's good if you like making slideshows and/or movies. From what I've seen, love/hate of the game seems based on what you were expecting and the style you play the game. Feel free to pm me if you want to know more. I still play Sims 1, 2, and 3.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 10:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Sims 3 is great and worth the money. Just remember it's not sims 2. A lot of people are complaining about the sims 3 because they want it to be like sims 2 was With All the Expansions. The first EP for sims 3 is out soon, and it will bring so much more to the game. The sims 3 base game is still amazing, even on it's own. The story progression and the graphics are great!
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 12:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• It's a lot different than the Sims 2. You don't see your sim inside buildings or whatever. There are no more of the live animation shots like the Sims 2 (give birth, die, abducted by aliens, woo-hoo, etc). There is a lot more detail and graphics and I can't wait to see what else comes with the EPs. I don't play as much as I used to though. I think it's worth the money.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• It is definitely worth the money. The only think I hope is the EP comes with pets.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Very different, and worth it. Once you get used to it, though, you won't ever like going back to 2. After being able to freely travel from place to place fluidly, being trapped back in a single lot at a time is horribly frustrating.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• it's Definitely worth the money!!
    Glitterandglitz

Answer by Glitterandglitz at 5:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2009