Cooking with ginger root.

My husband bought a ginger root in the store the other day, but we have never really cooked anything with ginger before, so it is still sitting on our counter. Does anyone have a great and easy recipe to cook anything with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• First of all if you will not be using it soon you need to freeze it.

As for recipes, try googling for ginger recipes. There are thousands. Along with cocktails and ginger ale you can use it in as well. You can candy it...great to have on had for upset tummies.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:01 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Fresh ginger is fantastic! I use it several times a week. There is not enough room in these little boxes for recipes; send me a message offlist if you would like some recipes. Feel free to include any family likes, dislikes, food allergies, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:17 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• The only thing I've ever used ginger for is stir fry....as you can tell I'm no chef, lol
    Anonymous