What's the funniest thing you ever did to amuze a baby in a store or while out?

The other day.. We were gone! My DD & her 3rd child. Her first baby girl. She's 6 weeks new! We couldn't make her Happy. We tried every trick in the book. I mean c' mon I had DD's!! Maybe since its her pattern. It says in her birth sign she will never be satisfied?? Any way I saw a cute Baby vibrating swing. In gorgeous Owl patterns! We put her in it. No. Tried the one next to it & the one Next to it & so on... One real cute one didn't work and parts were off. She didn't like that one! She liked the most Expensive one! Sure! Anyway.. it wasn't a Fun time! So one Target store & one Grocery store! DH watched the boys at home! He's like how can you be gone for 3 hours! Where did you go? What did you do!? Mainly amuze the baby! Sure we live in the rural and have road construction. But she wasn't a happy Baby! She was changed and breast fed. So what's the wildest/extreme or unusual thing you did to make Baby happy? Thank you all

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter was 4 at the time and I was watching a baby. I had the baby in her car seat in the grocery cart. I lifted my daughter up and down, up and down, continuously to play peek-a-boo with the baby. The baby was cracking up! Also, If we are in a long line at the store, I take out a penny and play a game with my boys. I hide my hands behind my back, put the penny in one hand, bring my hands out front and then let them pick out which hand the penny is in. MY lo has loved this since he was so tiny.

Your husband sounds like my step dad if we go out he is like..."what took yall so long?" Yeah they have NO clue. I told my stepdad one time as I pointed out to my first newborn..."Meet the new boss!" lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:18 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• DH and I will push the cart really fast at Wal Mart if dd starts getting fussy. She loves the breeze it makes and laughs the whole way. I play peek a boo with a scarf in the check out lines, or make really silly faces and noises in the middle of the store.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:14 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I use to have to sing I'm a little Tea Pot in the car ,in the grocery store, anywhere actually to my oldest dd when she was a baby. Now that she is older, I'm starting to believe she had it all planned out.
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 11:33 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i will start dancing...my DD loves dancing & its pretty embarrassing. but whatever it takes to keep my toddler from screaming the whole time. i always get weird looks, but i dont care anymore...id rather get funny looks for dancing then angry ones for letting my girlie scream haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2009