Why are some of the welcome messages, not so welcoming in some of the groups?

Ive joined a few groups here and the welcome messages make me want to run for cover. No bashing, no lieing or we want like you any more and what? We will get spanked be asked to leave or be deleted.

We are after all, grown women here arent we?
Is it true that everything we learned in kindergarten are life rules?

Can we post a real Welcome message telling us what the group is about instead?

Can we post something uplifting and encourage other types of posting?

Cant we understand that it really is stresssssfull to be a mom in todays world and give us a safe haven here to vent or or be jovial with each other?

Why do we say things like, "why cant we all get along "or "Im for peace" or "I treat everyone equally," when we dont even treat each other that way. And we expect our children to behave otherwise? Our children will follow the good example we have set for them and nothing more.

Ranieri

Asked by Ranieri at 10:15 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Well I wrote the welcome message for my Seperated Group. And I did make sure to state that I wanted no drama on the group. Mostly because, as I said in the welcome, we had enough drama going on in our personal lives, without getting it on the group too. Also remember that the owners of the groups don't get paid, we do this for fun or support. I don't want, as a group owner, to have to mediate between squabbles on the group. Because while I don't have to step in, other group members can report a problem to me and I still need to deal with it in some manner. Even if its to tell someone else that I am not dealing with it. We had women who cheated on their DH and women who had been cheated on by their DH and everyone got along and was supportive.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 10:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Not all groups are meant to be uplifting. You'll find some real doozies in here!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• How is this a relationship question?
    Anonymous

• Its a relationship question because it has to do with our relationships to each other.
    Ranieri

Answer by Ranieri at 10:59 AM on Nov. 3, 2009