is it true that you are very fertils following a miscarriage?

i had an early miscarriage on october 11, and i have heard that directly following a miscarriage is a very fertile time for many women, just like after delivery. im just wondering how much truth there is to that. thanks.

erika_wright

Asked by erika_wright at 10:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It can go either way. Sorry for your loss & good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You can be but not always. I lost a baby in July at 19 weeks 4 days delivered him and then had a D and C and still not preggo. Best of luck :)
    Anonymous

• they say you are more fertile because you don't know when you will ovulate, so you have to be careful. thats basically it. its not like you are SUPER fertile right after. its just that your body is different and you were pregnant now you may ovulate but dont know when.
    my son was born still at 17w3d back in february and about 9 months later i am still not pregnant. and we had unprotected sex about a week after i was no longer pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I had a miscarriage last august then was not able to get pregnant again till this sept. & I lost that one too.
    Anonymous