What / how much does your 7 month old eat each day?

My girl gets about 32 ounces of breast milk each day and a spoonful of peas. That's about it. I'd like her to eat more solids but she's just not interested. I'm not going to force her to eat solids but I would like some ideas on how I can get her to be more interested in eating solids. We already put her in her high chair while we eat and we give her baby spoons, bowls, cups, and plates to play with but she just doesn't care to try the food. What does your 7 month old eat and how much?

ktok2009

Asked by ktok2009 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Personally, I disagree with giving plates and utensils as playthings. when they do start eating, you might have to break them of the habit of playing with her plate instead of simply eating off of it. (just my opinion and not a big deal)

Mine were taking about 40oz of formula per day (in a sippy cup), the equivalent of six stage 2 jars of food (baby food and table foods), fingerfoods as snacks three times a day and about 8oz juice/water mixed each day.

Give it a bit longer and start her on table foods...or start offering diced up pieces of what you're eating now. Babyfood isn't a necessity. It's just practice.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• well he gets about 34-36 oz of bm and once ina while solids. i give him some finger foods but like once a week . he loves rice and cheerios
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:26 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My 7 month old drinks about 4 10oz sippy cups of formula, 2 jars of gerber 2nd foods fruit, 1 jar gerber 3rd foods dinner, and 2-3 4oz cups of juice, he also gets yogurts puffs and gerber graduate puffs as a snack 1-2 times a day. We will also let him try things we eat at dinner if it is mushy and healthy, like mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, peas, broccoli and cheese soup. etc. Try starting by giving her 4oz of milk mixed with 2oz of baby food in her bottle with a feeder nipple, after she drinks that try giving her a few bites of the left over food from the jar. That is how I started my son out and now he has a huge appetite. I have told his doctor what he eats and she said he was doing great, and if he didn't want the food he wouldn't eat it.
    Even if she acts like she doesn't like something at first, try again sometimes it can take them 3-4 times of eating something to decide that they like it.

BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I breastfed and she didn't eat solids until 11 months ;)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2009