Moving too fast!? I think so!

My 16 y/o daughter just met her 18 y/o "boyfriend" in person on Friday. I took her to meet him at a movie theatre, I notice two hickies on her neck the next morning and discussed my disappoint with them both about it. Then on Saturday night, I once again took her to meet him at a haunted house, they both walked back to my car so my daughter could get her drink....I walked up on them a few minutes later to find the seat reclined and them making out! This is not at all normal for my daughter and I feel this is moving WAY too fast! I talked to her about it and really don't even care for this guy and we both just met him, as a mom, what would you do in this case? I try and give her some freedom, rules inforced, but this make me feel very un-easy.....thank you in advance :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Unless you want a pregnant daughter, I would end their relationship. She's 16. Not 18
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I can understand you point...and I would definitely fee the same way....you cannot control her and the more you try the more she will rebel....she`s a teenager and it`s normal....perhaps it`s time for the big talk ( if u had not yet) and talk about the imporatance of self-repect and that teenage boys think.....maybe a good chick flick on this subject could be a good discussion opener...you want her to feel comfortable talking to you, so that you are kept in the loup...goodluck....just remember how it was to be a teenager :)
    Danickasmom

Answer by Danickasmom at 10:33 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• This is not good mom, she just MET him in person on friday, what did she do talk to him on line or something?

Sounds like sex will be coming very soon, I hope she knows how to protect herself from STDs and pregnancy. She needs condoms AND birthcontrol. Both are needed because a baby is not a life sentence but AIDS is... You can try to discourage the relationship but I think it is too late for that, and if you forbid it, she will rebel and see him anyways. Youi might try limiting their alone time or insist on group events IDK, I dont have this problem with my 17 year old..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• "in person" ???? How does she have a boyfriend she has never met "in person"..... internet. Are you SURE he is 18? Maybe you should have him over for dinner and have dad take him aside and remind him that his little girl is underage and that since he is 18 (I would make sure he is 18) that he can and WILL be arrested for statitory rape if he tries anything with his baby girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You are letting your daughter date someone you don't personally know???????
    Anonymous

• tell your daughter since she is headed on the fast track to being a teenage mom you need to meet this boy's family. invite the whole family over for dinner and dont let her "date" him again until you meet them.
    Anonymous

• Get her away from this loser. He has one thing on his mind.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Get the background check on this guy- criminal record?
    Anonymous

• Just because she is doing this has nothing to do with her daughter becoming pregnant. I wasnt ever like that. I would be more worried if my daughter was keeping it behind closed doors. Im 17 and pregnant. And my mom never knew anything about me and my boyfriend doing anything. Because I was scared to tell her. If you talk to your daughter about the way you feel and you arent so hard on her she wont turn to a guy for comfort.
    Expectinginfeb

Answer by Expectinginfeb at 8:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2009