Any tips on becoming a successful "Coupon Clipper"???

I'm new to this coupon clipping stuff and would welcome any and all tips and/or advice on how to become successful at it. Tips like, what coupons to look for, what to avoid or how to get organized, how to create a good system, or which coupons I can use with which deals.

Thanks so much moms!

joannakitler

Asked by joannakitler at 10:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can get a coupon organizer and have labeled sections like baby stuff, frozen food, snacks..... however you want to do it. Before you go to the store make your list as you look through what coupons you have and put a * or something next to the item you have the coupon for, just so you don't forget to use it. I got a lot of awesome ones from coupons.com.

Don't forget to take them with you when you go shopping, that's my biggest problem.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• a coupon organizer is a must for me. it makes it easier to keep track of what coupons i have. there are lots of good coupons websites, but they usually have the same coupons. i use coupons.com cause its one of the few that have the special code that Walmart's have to have. also, some product's websites give out coupons if you join their mailing lists. the Sunday paper is still the easiest place to get coupons & the coupons savings pay for the paper. figure out which coupons you're going to use before you go to the store so you dont forget about one while you're trying to check out...i usually put them in the front pocket of my organizer so i can just lay them out all at once.

but the biggest piece of advice: never clip anything you wouldnt normally buy. if i clip coupons for things i dont normally buy i end up spending money on things i dont need just cause i have a coupon.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You need a coupon organizer and label it with things like breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, bathroom, cleaning etc... Make sure you only clip coupons for things that you would use because as stated before you will probably end up spending more if you buy something you probably won't use. Also look for things that are on sale and try to use your coupons then. You'll save more money that way. Also there are coupon sites like couponmom.com that will let you print off coupons. Some stores won't take these though but most will. Good luck.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Make sure you only clip coupons for things that you would use because as stated before you will probably end up spending more if you buy something you probably won't use.
    ***********************************
    I cant agree with this but its because im a grocery gamer. Some things i wouldnt normally buy will go on sale @ Kroger and list tells me they are free or close to free and I buy them anyway. If we dont use them I can donate to the local food pantry.

www.TheGrocerygame.com
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I'd like to invite you to join Baby/Toddler coupons! A group for moms of babies, toddlers, or older kids who use coupons. A place to share coupons, find HOT deals, and save money with other moms like you! Hope to see you there!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/30682
    We have a new contest going on now... enter to win a bunch of coupons!
    I think that trading coupons, to get more of what you are really going to use is very helpful, to both you and other moms!
    asil

Answer by asil at 5:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2009