How much to charge

Cleaning houses..... what is a typical charge now days?
I was curious as to how much to charge someone for a regular cleaning. Medium sized home, 2000 sq ft
It will be for every 2 weeks and probably take about 3 to 4 hours to do the job.
Thanks!

JLynn0871

Asked by JLynn0871 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• I pay about $35 for a home that size, but she only does the floors and the bathrooms which probably takes around an hour (she doesn't do a great job, but I get what I pay for). I would think you could charge at least $75, and possibly up to $100 depending on where you live and how thourough you are. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I would say $60.00 every 2 weeks. No less then that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Wow you guys are being cheap. Here it is $30-$75 an hour depending on what all you are asking. Id you cheap out on her expect her to do a really crappy job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I was thinking along the lines of $65 to $85 every 2 weeks.
    I will be doing a number of things like ceiling fans, baseboards, blinds, window sills, little hands along the walls and light switches, etc.... I will also be changing sheets and wiping beds on occasion.
    THANK YOU!!!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• my hubbys ex boss paid me 200 every two weeks to come do a full work up once a week. dusting cleaning the bathroom, carpet cleaning, cleaning out the refrigderator, mopping the floors and wiping down all the tvs and computers and whatever else i saw dirty, he also paid for the materials. so i dont know how it would be now since this was 3 years ago
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I would say $150-200 for a 3-4 hour job, around here $50/hr is about what they run - but I imagine it would vary widely depending on what area of the country you are living in.

Answer by missanc at 1:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2009