Is a side by side or tandem stroller better for a newborn and 2 month old? I need to buy a double stroller now and am confused!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is no better really. It all depends on your preference. Where will you be using it? A double is sometimes less manuverable through doorways but a tandem is more bulky and harder to fit in some vehicles. It's up to you to decide what is best for you.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• As long as both seats lay completely down (for babies under 5 months) then both are fine, you need to think of where they will be used most and the size of your car. Go to babies r us and test some out. I love my tandem but I hate that I can't always hear the child in the front, a side by side would solve that problem but is wider so wont fit down isles as well, a tandem is harder to steer but I like it. Good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I would say that a tandem is probably going to be best for getting around and especially if you ever want to go shopping. I think they are a better choice for the combo of having a baby. Tandem works better for when they get older. You are going to need the lay down option which a side by side most likely won't offer you unless you buy a double jogging stroller.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I had a tandem buggy and found it was great for going into shops and that as I wasnt taking up half the aisles and was easier to maneouvre. The Quinny models are slightly smaller and can take both children from birth which is a bonus and they r more compact for the car. However go into the different baby shops and try out the different models and see whcih model ur most comfortable with.
    Cillamc

Answer by Cillamc at 11:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I had a tandem when my kids were younger and loved it. I didn't ever have a problem getting it in/out of the car (and I had a Honda Civic!) - I think it was a Graco, anyway I liked it better than the side by sides, especially for when one was a baby - I could put them in the back seat and let them lay down and sleep while my older one could sit up front and see everything going on.

Answer by missanc at 1:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2009