serious post partum question...

Well I am 4 weeks, 4 days post partum...me and hubby had sex when i was just 2 weeks out (crazy since i had a full episiotomy) but we gotta take it reallll slow at first othrewise it hurts inside of me, but then its fine once we get into it...well last night we did the dirty and he went inside of me (dumb i know! no bashing please!) and i know that u cant tell when you ovulate, so there is no way to tell when youll be able to know if you were pregnant, but i got for my 6 week check up next thursday, so will they be able to tell if i am pregnant then?? also, idk if this matters but last night i pulled down my pants to go to the bathroom and there was like a string of clear snot looking stuff from my va jay jay to the pad, and its like thick, just like snot! what is that?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should have waited until your check up to have sex, especially if it was hurting you. If you are pregnant, your doctor will more than likely be able to tell by then. Most women ovulate 14 days after their period but since you are bleeding from giving birth you probably wont be able to tell that way. When did the snot stuff come out of you? If it was after you had sex it could be semen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• yea, it was after we had sex, a couple of hours later...but its not like semen, its really thick! kinda like glue! and even a little more this morning...i had to like pull it out though, it was not just falling out on its own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I would ask for a blood test which should be a bit more thorough. And I would wait on having sex anymore.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:47 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You really do need to heal. If it is hurting at all you aren't healed.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• First poster again: The snot stuff might just be some kind of after birth, but be sure to tell your doctor about it. Also, as treynlisa said, hold off on having sex for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• The "snot" is one of the signs of your cycle. Go to the TTC section and learn about how to tell if you are ovulating. Also google natural family planning and fertility signs.  There is plenty of information out there.

Anonymous

• I can always tell when I ovulate becuase I get that "snot" stuff so my guess is that you are ovulating. So if you wanted another baby, you just totally up'd your chances. If you didnt, you should have waited
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2009