i know this a sick question but i wanted to know

Me and my family was watching this crazy war movie and these soldiers were killin families and the chil was breastfeeding off the mom and the shot her... So question is does your bidy still function ( does your breast still produce milk) if you are dead? Can the baby still feed or your corpse? They did end up killing the baby girl but I was wondering cause the baby girl was comforting herself (nursing) while the mother was dead. Would the milk be poisoned? Sorry just felt bad while watching the movie and was puzzled.

christinkie

Asked by christinkie at 10:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Health

• ewwwwie!!!!!!!! there might be some residual breast milk that could be suckled out if done hard enough for a baby but the baby was not comprehending the mom's death. And was suckling to comfort and feed since she could reason that mommy was lifeless.

Sometimes movies are just so unbelievable that we're just glued to the screen in shock as viewers, I know. Hope you're not upset over the movie. Try not to watch violence anymore.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Were you watching The Miracle at St. Anna? I wondered the same thing when I saw it. I also wondered how someone could kill a baby like that.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• No, your body woudn't continue to produce milk, but what's already there would still be able to be removed. Mom's body woudln't be able to have a let down or anything, but the baby could still get milk out. It would eventually (probably after a day or so) putrify and kill the baby, though, because the breakdown of living tissues once they are dead is very rapid.

I can't watch stuff like that. I'd have had to leave the room :(
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Haha( nervously ) how did you know? I was watching that movie! It was good but it was so sad!!!
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 10:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I saw a true crime show a while ago and a man came in and killed a nursing mom. He didn't kill the 18 month old baby. When the police were called two days later by a concerned neighbor, they found the toddler trying to nurse from her dead mother. It was a such a sad story.
    I agree with Ati about it not continuing to produce milk.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:55 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I saw it about 2 months ago on HBO or something. It is the only movie I know of where that scene occurs.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:22 AM on Nov. 2, 2009