Can I give my 7 month old melon?

I haven't heard anything on giving a new eater melon, IE watermelon, canteloupe. Can I give my 7 month old melon?

KateMT

Asked by KateMT at 3:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Yes...as long as baby can handle it with out choking.. My girls LOVE IT
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 4:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I did. I would puree it up first to check for allergies and then just chop into itty bitty pieces. I have 6 kids ranging in age from 24 years to 20 months and only strawberry and kiwi had any reaction, but that went away after 1 year.
    mommy3397

Answer by mommy3397 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Absolutely! Watermelon & canteloupe aren't high-risk for allergies, and it's a great soft fruit to offer a younger child! Enjoy!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Yes you can...Just make sure to wash the outside of the melon really well before cutting into it. Canteloupe is a known fruit to carry bad things on the outside, so when not properly washed it can make you sick. So scrub that melon like no tomorrow.
    quinnbee21

Answer by quinnbee21 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• If she's been fine with most other foods you might want to use a small food chopper they really come in handy if she's not a good chewer!
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 5:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2008