Can I give my 7 month old melon?

I haven't heard anything on giving a new eater melon, IE watermelon, canteloupe. Can I give my 7 month old melon?

Asked by KateMT at 3:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Food & Drink

• long as baby can handle it with out choking.. My girls LOVE IT

Answer by emturner at 4:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I did. I would puree it up first to check for allergies and then just chop into itty bitty pieces. I have 6 kids ranging in age from 24 years to 20 months and only strawberry and kiwi had any reaction, but that went away after 1 year.

Answer by mommy3397 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Absolutely! Watermelon & canteloupe aren't high-risk for allergies, and it's a great soft fruit to offer a younger child! Enjoy!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Yes you can...Just make sure to wash the outside of the melon really well before cutting into it. Canteloupe is a known fruit to carry bad things on the outside, so when not properly washed it can make you sick. So scrub that melon like no tomorrow.

Answer by quinnbee21 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• If she's been fine with most other foods you might want to use a small food chopper they really come in handy if she's not a good chewer!

Answer by Tayleina at 5:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2008