Is it weird that my "friends" are so much older?

Since we moved we have been hanging out with our neighbors. Is it a little odd that I'm 18, DF is 20, and they are pushing 30?(I don't know exact age but late 20's)
We have gone out with them and stuff too, most recently to a haunted house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What is weird about that? You are adults now, you can hang out with whoever you are comfortable with. After you are there longer, you may find friends closer to your own age who you are more comfortable with, but really, it doesn't sound to me like these people are THAT much older than you.
    calico1954

Answer by calico1954 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Not weird at all. I have out at the neighbors every morning w/DD. They have 2 kids, youngest is only a few months older than DD. It's a chance to some adult time while the kids play. The mom is 10 years older than I am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• When we bought land from our neighbors we became so close! We were in our 20's. They were close to turning 50! They partied! Said the funniest things. Would say... we just got done taking one...! Etc.. LMAO!! They were so Funny! Fun to hang out with!! It was amazing!! They were like ages of parents. But were ageless & Funny!! They died in '02 & '08. My heart aches for them. We loved having them for Friends! We knew them better then their own children & other relatives did! If you click & are Friends! Age means nothing! I wish we had new Friends!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• most of our friends are 5-10 years older than us. we are just younger parents than most people. If you get along and have things in common (which you may not with people your own age now since you are married with a kid) then why not? People are people!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I found when DH and I got married that we tended to hang out with people who were older than us because we wanted to hang out with other couples rather than the singles in college (we were both in college at the time). I think it has more to do with people you have things in common with than how old they are.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• No, we have friends who are about 8 years older than us and we also have friends who are about 10 years younger than us. Both the husbands are guys my hubby used to work with and so I kinda got to know the wives.

I don't think it's weird at all...the older couple have two grown children and the younger couple have two children the same age as our two children.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 12:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Whats weird, is that you think it's weird. They are super young too. It's no big deal at all. I'm 27 & one of my best friends is 41. We never stop to think of the age gap, we just get a long great. In fact all of my friends are in mid 30's pushing 40's. I just don't have much in common w/ other 20 something year old folks.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I have always tended to get along with people over 15 to 20 yrs older. For some reason we get along and have much in common. I have had friends that were my age and we were totally different. who knows. But, I think its great!!
    brandoneaglemom

Answer by brandoneaglemom at 12:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• If you guys have fun together then that's all that matters! I am 29 and two of my dearest friends are 56 and 67! They are ladies I used to work with and we are very close and I love them to pieces.

Honestly, it's just awesome to have neighbors you get along with that well no matter how old either of you are! Enjoy the friendship, you're very blessed :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• No it's not weird. Most of my friends including my s/o are much older than I am. I just cant hang out with young and immature people anymore. Age is really just a number though!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2009