My son has these red bumps on his feet and hands, kinda looks like blisters. Could it be an allergy to food, or maybe to a product?

I have just started using bleach on his socks, that is the only change I can think of. Other than that he has the same soap, I use the same cleaners, I use free&clear detergent, he hasn't tried any new foods at all. Could it be from the bleach? I was almost thinking maybe it was his Halloween costume, but that's polyester, nothing weird, and I washed it first. I am going to take him to the doctor soon, just wanted to see if anyone thought they might have seen this before. Does it go away on its own if I stop using bleach? Does he need antibiotics and cream?

Butterflysky_24

Asked by Butterflysky_24 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have heard that a clean house can get bed bugs and now i'm terrified. hopefully the dr will be able to shed some light
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• google hand foot and mouth disease. Look for pics of the lesions and blisters this causes. It is a very common childhood illness, and I know I had it and so did both my sisters as a kid. It can spread to his mouth and this will cause him some pain and difficulty in eating, but I dont believe there are meds to get rid of it. It just goes away on its own in a week or 2. its most commonly spread in the late summer and fall, so that could be what he has. Its not serious. And I am no Dr. so I cant say thats what he has, but it could be. GL to you
    ChandaAnna

Answer by ChandaAnna at 11:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i agree sounds lkike hand foot and mouth
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• its prob hand foot and mouth disease....the pics on the internet of it are worse than what my child had when she had this there is nothing they give them for it he can take benadreal for the itch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• ds had hand foot and mouth...it just randomly showed up. the blisters luckily didnt bother him. sometimes like said above, it may itch or irritate, so you can treat that but not the actual disease. took ds a lil over a week to have no new blisters and the old ones to heal. if he is in a daycare, he cant come back till then (dried and no new) bc that way he's no longer contagious. just be glad they arent in his mouth at this point. thats when it gets more irritating bc it hurts to eat. gl to you both!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• it sounds like a staph infection. i would see the ped. asap
    Anonymous

• I was gonna say foot and mouth as well. I'm pretty sure that it's viral and has to run it's course if it is. Let us know!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i am taking him to the dr at 2:40 today. it doesn't seem to hurt or itch him, and its not in his mouth yet. but is it contagious? i hope i don't get it from him
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• The dr said its foot and mouth and there's nothing i can do, just let it go away and pray it doesnt go to his mouth. i have to keep him outta day care for a week! that sucks!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• he'll be ok though. It will be gone in a week or so. Just be sure to wash your hands a lot and try to avoud contamination
    ChandaAnna

Answer by ChandaAnna at 2:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2009