is there a reason to be concerned?

I watch a little girl who will be 6 months old next week. She still does not roll over, makes no attempt to sit (not even assisted), no attempts to hold her own bottle, no attempts to do the army crawl thing. Basically she doesnt really do anything. My daughter has always been more advanced than kids her age, so I dont know what is normal and when to be concerned. The mom works so much, I see her kids more than she does. I work with the little girl, but she is just not interested at all. What is the "normal" age range for the things I mentioned? Is there cause for concern here?

HaydensMommy007

Asked by HaydensMommy007 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no, all kids are different. I've got an 8 month old who isn't doing any of the things you said either, except the crawl. They all do things in their own time. Think about it, whats her motivation for holding a bottle? She knows you're going to hold it for her if she doesn't. Just let her take her time. Whats the rush??
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i would say mention it to the mom and tell her to mention it to the pedi when she goes for her six month check up. the drs usually ask if the baby is crawling, sitting up, answering to her name etc and they will be the ones to diagnose a delay
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Im not so concerned about her not holding her bottle as much as I am about not rolling over, not grasping objects, doesnt want to sit up with assistance.....
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• No every baby is different. My dd was rolling over at 4 months, crawling and sitting up by 7 months, and walking by 10 months. My youngest twin, was rolling over at 3 months, sitting up by 7 months, crawling at 8 months, and walking at 10 months. His twin brother, was about a month later except for crawling, which was 7 months, and walking 2 weeks before first birthday. My youngest started rolling over at 3 months, crawling and sitting up at 7 months. We are at 10 months and he is taking a few steps day.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2009