What if.. he is real?

you don't really beleive in god, but a little part of you wants to believe there's one. My parent's don't beleive, so growing up, I didn't either. My friends, and their parent's always talked about him, sometimes. And I caught bits and peices. But I do kinda believe there is a god. I feel like there is anyway. But a lot has happened to my family, and my mom's always said, "If there was someone up there to protect us, then why isn't he? because there is no one, people just made up all of it." I really don't know what to think. If there is a god, and I'm still not sure he's real, by the time I die, I'm going to hell. That's what bothers me the most.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• All LOGICAL reasoning points to believing in God is the best way (not other gods or goddesses, either, but God and Jesus). If there is a yearning to believe, give into it... your heart is telling you something. God doesn't CAUSE bad things to happen, but he generally doesn't prevent them either. He gave people free will, so their choices and the effects will resonate. As far as cancer, etc, that is just part of life. I believe that those things are meant to test you or people around you OR Satan is trying to bring people away from God. People basically argue "if God is real, wouldn't the world be perfect?" That was never the point. I do think that you need to look into God being real, because the bible states, "If you are not FOR God, you are against him." There is no gray area. You don't have to listen to your parents forever. But, I do believe that unbelievers will not enter heaven in the end. Good luck!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• as my friend always says "God is just an imaginary friend for adults" ...
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 11:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I believe in God and Goddess and I do NOT believe there is a hell, or at least the one that is the concept of the Christian religion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Then why not take that chance in believing in God just in case :) It doesn't cost anything and it doesn't hurt. It takes more than just choosing to believe so I would suggest finding a friend to go to church with so you can explore your feelings and the possibilities of God. I would strongly suggest just a Christian church to start off with. They tend to be a little less traditional and a little more laid back. The music will be fun and upbeat. You will always wonder until you go, and go with an open mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I know. You don't want to feel alone. You want to feel that someone powerful cares about what happens to you. And the truth is that someone does. You have two guardian spirits/angels with you and several spirit guides. God really ISN'T a person or an entity. He cannot think or make decisions, meaning hell is non-existent as a place of punishment. Its counterpart on the Other Side is a place of learning not fire and brimstone. I've been there. I know. God exists as an energy force, a godforce. It is a sea of bright white light that we cannot see, but it surrounds us. We are a part of it. God and goddess exist in us, in our souls. The godforce can be used by us to help ourselves. Wheather it is thru prayer or spellcraft, we can call protection or healing or whatever we need from it. You can even shape your OWN god, if you wish.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:56 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• God is not imaginary. He created all of us, even the ones that dont believe in him. He loves you no matter what because thats how a parent is supposed to be. Pray to God, talk to him to help you make a wise decision, he'll hear you and help you in his own time. Satan is the ruler of this world. he is the one that is causing all the bad to happen. God sees it all and he will put an end to it. If you feel like you kinda believe in him then give him a chance. The worse that can happen is that you will be happier and you will make wiser, moral decisions. I wish you the best.

(Revelation 12:12) On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”
    Anonymous

• Here start with this... http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx

This will give you an idea as to which direction is best for you to start. The ulitmate choice is going to have to come from you and your heart as to what you believe in and don't.
     I personally believe in both a God and a Goddess bc without one you can not have the other... but that is only me and my beliefs are not for everyone just as what you finally discover that fits you will not fit others so don't get discouraged if others disaprove your choice in faiths...

Good Luck and Blessed Be...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• First I am a born again Christian. I tell you this so you know what my point of view is. Your reason for doubt is a very normal one and a very human one, but not a very logical one. Logic would say that if a supernatural being existed (which He does) then He would be all powerful (which he is) He would be the one who created and is served (which he is) . Therefore it would not be needed for Him to explane his actions to the beings He created. If you are a sculptor and you make a coffee cup, the coffee cup doesn't get to complain about being hot when you pour coffee in it. The creator has the right to use it as they choose.

So you are faced with two options non-belief which does not affect God's existance one bit or belief in a God that you don't always understand. This God is kind and generous and the trials and stuff that come into our lives are only to make us strong. And best part is He walks with us.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Stop worrying about what others are saying. Search within yourself for the answer. Pray. Meditate. It might feel silly or weird at first but you will find out what YOU believe and no one else.

I am Pagan and i do not believe in a heaven or a hell. I do not believe in sin or an ultimate good or ultimate evil. I feel very connected to nature and great happiness in my faith and spirituality.

there are so many different religions out there. ...my suggestion, go to belief-o-matic (you can google it i think) and take there test. Then learn as much as you can about the first 3 religions it lists you as and see if any of those are really what you are. If your views or ideas change along the way, not big deal. That's all part of the journey.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Then why not take that chance in believing in God just in case :) It doesn't cost anything and it doesn't hurt.

Unless of course you pick the wrong god to follow. And believing "just in case" is not a safe bet anyway because you have to believe it in your heart otherwise you are still screwed. But keep reducing eternity to a crap shoot. That's so inspiring. OK let's say he is real. Let's say he's this just, moral and loving god the christians want us to believe he is. Do you really think he would punish you to hell for reasonable doubt in his existence?? If he would, do you really want to spend eternity with that type of god anyway?? I can't say who's right who's wrong because let's face it we don't know. Live your life upholding morals and being a good person. You don't need a diety to do that. Then when time comes you don't have any regrets.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2009