does depo shot realy take away the sex drive?

my cousin who is a medical assistanct told me(becouse im not interested in sex anymore,my baby is 17months and i just weaned her from breastfeeding a month ago)that the birth control im on is the reason...has anyone else ever herd of this?

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 11:49 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Health

• I had the depo for 3 years before I got pregnant, and my sex drive was strong, I wanted sex all the time! BUT after I had my baby I got back on the shot and I have NO desire whatsoever, but I'm not sure if it's the depo or just not wanting it due to having a baby 5 months ago and still being in pain during sex.
    Anonymous

• I want to know too. Planning on going on it in a few weeks and I like were my sex drive is at, matches my hubby well.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• that happened to me i had no interest in sex whatsoever my boyfriend at the time husband now wanted to leave me because he couldnt take it so i stopped getting the shot and i went back to normal.
    browneyez29

Answer by browneyez29 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2009