has this ever happened to anyone?

from the very start my dr asked if i was sure that my last period was when i told her cause they couldn't hear the heart beat and they had to do a ultrasound to get it. their ultrasound put my due date almost 2 wks back. then later they moved it up again. well my due date is tomorrow and i feel far from going into labor anytime soon. so i had remembered that the last ultrasound showed an estimated due date, so i double checked mine and it shows the later date of due date. why would my dr go back to the sooner one? has this happened to you? i'm really upset cause we have been anxious waiting for this baby to come by tomorrow or on that date but looks like i still have 11 more days left. should i call my dr and ask her what the heck is going? last friday i was only effaced 50% with a tight 2 dialation. she has already talked about induction.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my first I know exactly what my dates were & that set my due date at Nov.6th. After the ultrasound they changed it to Nov. 11th. He came on his own on Nov. 7th. The dates aren't an exact thing anyway...my doctor says you can go 2 weeks on either side of the "date" they set. There's a reason too they call it an "estimated due date".
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• the further along you get the less accurate an ultrasound is. if you got repeated ones, there might be a different date on each one. They usually take the first or second date they get (and base that also on how the baby is measuring & also the information you provide on your last period) to determine a date.
    Anonymous

• Yup we knew pretty well my date of conception (got sick right away) But my girls grew fast and furiously, the doc moved up the date then changed her mind. I wish she had keep it moved, at full term my oldest was huge, the next one was taken early thank God. The due date is a guesstimate at best. Try not to worry about it, your child will come when she is ready or when your little one is big enough.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Well- you can go about life like you have 11 days left.
    Because 40 weeks is only a MID-point of a 4-week due period for AVERAGE gestation, you can know that a date or the weeks around it are not as important. Because of that being an average, there will be many women who will have normal-healthy pregnancies-deliveries that fall outside of this average.
    The due date is not a big deal. You are due for a month, actually. So you can relax about the numbers.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2009