does your SO always have to be right?

I swear dh thinks he's right about everything. he makes me feel so stupid sometimes and I hate hearing him talk about work cause it always sounds as if he's so much better than everyone.... I have talked to him about making me feel stupid and he is working on that I can tell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• my huspand always lets me get the last word in and that seems to help,but he also gets cocky and smart with me when we are around people and it embarises me.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• No, its a fifty fifty thing. We help each other out
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• me and my so have always been the debating type so idk he never makes me feel stupid but we do debate ofver whos right and whoever gets the last word gets it..i think he knows not to embarass me too lol the same with me
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My hubby used to do that, until I started doing it back, then he got how it felt and stopped. It is a lot nicer.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I play sarcastic with him. And when he is proven wrong sometimes, i certainly rub it in his face. Because yeah....he likes to be right. I like telling him he is full of crap though, he'll usually laugh because he knows how he is. I just say it now to mess with him.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I know that the source of the know-it-all streak is insecurity, not confidence. It sounds like confidence, because it tends to be loud and definite, but one of the hallmarks of genuine confidence is humility.

People who really know a very great deal about things don't need to convince other people (or themselves) of what they know --because they're sure of it.

People who know very little have a lot of convincing to do...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2009