He wishes he could take his hug back?

A Bad Halloween? The night prior I wanted to buy beef base. DH said it was too expensive. We didn't get it! DD said she'd be by with the kids at 1ish. I wanted to make a meal. Including Cupcakes. The frosting didn't turn out! DH said we''ll make Mashed potato pie. Sure. He thinks its just meat, Veggies in a cloud of mashed potatoes! I needed the beef base or beef broth. Meanwhile I have a migraine. Everything is going Wrong. I can't turn on the stove, turn off the faucet.. Etc.. Everything in my house is Broken some how and has been for years! Worse this year. We're jobless. My health is fragile! He goes to town. Took 40 minutes. Comes back with 32 oz. of Beef broth. Not what I wanted. So he yells at me! I get all upset. Full bore Crying.. DH hugs me! I complain I can't turn off the Broken faucet. He yells, Oh I see you're better now wish I could take me hug back! We've had 9 years of hardships & problems! NO end in sight!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• You deserve better too!
    MaryMary29

Answer by MaryMary29 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Huge hugs for both of you! Life is hard no matter what, and it only gets harder when your broke and struggling. I couldn't imagine the stress that you must both be under. He doesn't wish he could take his hug back, he's just stressed too, and lashing out because he can't fix it. Most men feel like it's their job to take care of their families and when they can't do it, they end up hurting too.
    Anonymous

• yes men want to fix things and when they cant it hurts their pride
    not saying you shouldnt be frustrated because im so bitchy my hubby would have had it fixed that day to avoid hearing me complain

Maybe you can have a plumber come over and evaluate some of the broken things and you can try and get your hubby to go to a hardware store to get the stuff to fix it.

you should go up to him and just hug him for no reason and tell him you love him. some men try to be too macho but im sure he would like that just as much as you
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2009