Do You Know How This Common Phrase Came About??

Im Curious how many of you Ladies know Wjer the common phrase "I Call Shotgun" Originated?? I Do Know the answer Just seeing how many of YOU know

sarahdicksonjr

Asked by sarahdicksonjr at 12:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hahah front seat. geez i never really thought about where it came from though.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• good one... I dk either...lol
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I will tell yall in a little while see if anyone can geuss :)
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 12:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Im curious to know too! I am kind of scared to know the answer...is it bad?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• because you can shoot a shotgun out of the passanger seat, not the back, nor drivers seat!
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon :23. The driver did the maneuvering so the passenger could concentrate on his shooting.
    I just don't know what they were shooting. Wild game? Thieves? Other types of people? I just don't know!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• It was in the old days of horses and wagons, the ''Shotgun Rider'' was the one with the Shotgun to protect the driver and riders from robbers, wild animals ect.
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 12:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Yep the passenger is the lookout/shooter in wagons! Looks like someone is riding the WAY BACK MACHINE this am! Love this type of question btw sarah, keep 'em comin'! CM can sure use some lightening up every now and then! Too serious is NOT a good thing! NOW TELL US!?
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Oopsie, looks like we were typing at the same time. I saw yours AFTER I posted mine! Yeah, I was right too! THanksS!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• yeah, I thought it might me fun, after all this IS the place for just for fun questions. :)
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 12:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2009