Tips on Diaper Rash with Nutramigen

My 8 month old daughter was switched to nutramigen and now she has a horrible diaper rash. If anyone has tip on meds that will help PLEASE. she screams a painful scream everytime i change her. PLEASE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Naked butt time. Change diapers often even if it's just a little wet the moisture is not going to help. Cake on the desitan or butt paste especially at night. When my son's got really bad i would even go so far as to blow his rear off with a warm/cool hair dryer after using the wipes to make sure it got good and dry before putting the diaper back on. I would also cut back on acidic foods/juices if you are offering them.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Thank you. She cant have any of that now that she is on special foods. I had heard that there are certain meds that will help.
    MrsCrain0409

Answer by MrsCrain0409 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• the only meds I know of are from a doctor. They will sometimes give oral meds to help if it gets to bad.
    Anonymous