did you or someone you know get the H1N1 vaccine?

this is NOT a debate. i am curious to know if you or someone you know has recieved the H1N1 vaccine....what were the side effects (if any) that you/they experienced? please list all. thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Health

• I had it last week. I got a little head ache a few hours later and a sore throat. My other 4 kids got it also. My 7 year old complained of a sore throat and a little bit of couching. I bought her some over the counter childrent tylenol for sore throat and cough and she is ok. I would recommend it. The kids and I are fine.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• H1N1 Flu vax Package Insert Info. from Novartis: Oct. 21,
    "Specific levels of...antibody post- (after) vaccination with inactivated influenza virus vaccine have NOT been correlated with protection from influenza illness. In some human studies, antibody titer of ≥1:40 have been associated with protection from influenza illness in up to 50% of subjects. "

ref: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM112904.pdf

(++++ What this says, in PLAIN language, is that developing an H1N1 antibody after getting an H1N1 vaccination has NO correlation with not getting sick. And that a sizable antibody level (i.e. 1:40 or greater) only protects UP TO 50% of people from getting the flu.-Dr.S. Tenpenny.) http://drtenpenny.com/default.aspx
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My kids and several friend's kids got it last week and they're all fine.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 12:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I got it (and I'm 36 weeks pregnant) and I just felt kind of icky for a day...body aches, tired, etc. but I'm 36 weeks pregnant, so it could have been that too. My 18 mo. old daughter got it too and she was cranky for a few days but she also got the regular flu shot and her 18 mo. vaccinations so it is hard to say what exactly caused the crankiness.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Yes, I got it.

I was a little extra tired for two days.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i was already sick when i got the shot with a sore throat, chest congestion, a cough, runny nose during the day and stuff at night, body aches, headache, and had a small fever.... i got the shot almost a week ago and none of my symptoms have gone away just got worse.... so i went to the doctor and they told me they should have never given me the flu or H1N1 shot b/c i was already sick with something and it will just prolong my sickness.... i've been sick with the same symptoms for almost 2 weeks and doctors wont give me anything b/c i'll be 36 weeks on Tuesday...this has been the worse 2 weeks...i was told i could be sick for another 1-2 weeks....i wish i would have never got the shots until i was better but everyone told me to go get it b/c of the fear of me getting swine flu right before delivery.... my 17 month will get them on the 24th if she is healthy with her 18 month old shots =/
    Mikayla.Anana

Answer by Mikayla.Anana at 7:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2009