Do you care about party?

The conservative coup in upstate New York did much more than lay bare the power of conservative activists: It exposed how little control GOP officials hold over this surging and formidable political movement.

In the wake of conservatives’ role in forcing liberal Republican Dede Scozzafava out of Tuesday’s special election in New York’s 23rd District, GOP officials are trying to make it seem as if they are helping to stoke the passion — and can harness it to upend President Barack Obama and Democrats. They didn’t — and they can’t.

“I don’t give a crap about party,” said Jennifer Bernstone, a tea party organizer for Central New York 912, which helped to lead the anti-Scozzafava charge. “Grass-roots activists don’t care about party.”

Says Everett Wilkinson, a tea party organizer in Florida: “We are not going to allow our [movement] to be stolen by the GOP or by any political party.”

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20091102/pl_politico/29008
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Does anybody really care about party?
    Anonymous

• The only party I am a part of~is the big football party for our high school for going to playoffs. I do care about that party.. :o)

american football

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Amen to that Grly LOL Good luck to them!

The GOP needs to face facts, we're sick of them too!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Thanks Blue....My friends have me watching Real Housewives...... Don't be Tardy for the Party... Hayyyy Ohhhhh Don't be Tardy for the Party... Hayyyy Ohhhhh

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• F*ck no. Pardon my french.
    I'm quite serious when I say I hate them all. The gop is only mad because they are not in power. They are wasteful and act like they are fighting over crayons in preschool. Day after day, I live as conservatively as I can, while a bunch of politicians who are supposed to have the same ideals waste. Makes me sick.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• The GOP is not trying to stoke passion, for heaven's sake. It's the GOP. Republicans don't make decisions based on passion.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I don't . But many people do ,that is way nothing would change.
    Anonymous

• Coup? LOL Thats funny. It's not a coup, it's just Americans who want what they want and will vote for whoever fits the bill.
    I'm not big on party usually and I will always vote for the most conservative but right now if it came down to a Rhino and a Democrat as to which side would win, I would vote Republican.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

I was hoping for a Phillies back to back party, but not after last night's game!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2009