Bleeding?

I'm 38 weeks today, just went to pee, and I'm bleeding? It's not like pouring out of me, but it's there...why?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 12:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be your mucous plug.

If you don't think its that and you think you may be bleeding then you need to get to the hospital. Your placenta could be pulling away from the uterus called placenta abruption. It's an emergency situation. If you are alone call 911. NOW. You could pass out.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Is it bright red? How much? I would call my doc, better safe than sorry, you might be going into labor, but mucous plug is usually mixed with a discharge.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Can it still be my mucous plug if there's no snotty stuff with it? It wasn't that much blood, I think I was just alarmed, because I haven't seen blood in that area in such a long time. It was only when I wiped, not on my panties or anything. This is a good thing, then ,right?! Baby coming sometime in the near-ish future, hopefully!!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 12:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• And yes, it was bright red.
    Wheepingchree

• since this happened, i've also started having some dull period-like cramps in my lower back & in my lower abdomen...my doctor's office is not picking up the phone, for some reason...
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 1:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I bet the baby is coming soon. Keep trying with the dr- they should have a call service.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 1:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• If it is your mucous plug there is nothing to worry about. You don't even need to call the doctor yet unless she has given you instructions to. You can loose the musous plug days before the baby is born. It could be today! Get your stuff ready:)

The mucous plug is in the middle of the cervix and is what protects the uterus from stuff going up through the cervix like sperm, bacteria, and other stuff in the vagina. As your cervix starts to open it breaks free and comes out.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2009