My maid of honor hooked up with the best man two weeks before the wedding and now it's super awkward at all the pre-wedding festvities...

Should I be mad or let it go? I'm leaning toward letting it go since I have so many other things to worry about. The best man is also my other best friend's ex boyfriend.

Would you be mad? Annoyed? Or would you just high five her and move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd say just let it go also. There is no point in getting wrapped up in this when this is your time. Don't let their failure in judgment cloud your special day!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Let it go. Enjoy your wedding! Don't let their awkwardness affect you in the slightest.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• awkward for whom? you? your other bridesmaid? as long as they aren't making out in the back of the church I fail to see why it matters who she's dating.
    Anonymous

• It's awkward for everyone - they're not dating, they just hooked up one night after they'd been drinking at a gathering.

I am most likely just going to drop it, I just think it was a weird thing to do so close to the wedding is all.
    Anonymous

• I'd probably be a little annoyed with her that she did that knowing that things may be awkward between them, and knowing that they would have to see each other quite a bit until after the wedding. But in the end I'd probably let it go because you have alot more things to worry about. I would have a talk with my friend about appropriate times and people to hook up with! Like "I'm not telling you who you can't hook up with, just try and avoid anyone in my wedding party!"
    Anonymous

• I'd be annoyed but let it go...... who needs the drama! ? ! ! ? ! I would not be able to NOT say something to her though, but that is just me.... I'd say my peace then drop it. That's my vote. Sounds like that's what you're going to do anyway so good for you. Happy Wedding and best wishes to you btw! : )
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I'd just ignore it. I mean really what else can you do? They didnt use very good judgment but well that's how it goes I guess. Everyone in your wedding party should have enough respect for you as their friend to not do anything to ruin your day.
    Anonymous

• Let it go. THeir awkward interactions should not be your problem, that's the consequence of getting it on w/someone that you don't really know. Hey, our single girlfriends need to have fun, too and I think weddings make people feel romantic. Too bad it didn't work out for them. They won't have to see each other again.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I would sit down with them individually and tell them that what ever happened is their issue not yours and they need to put aside any awkwardness they may be having with one another and not let it ruin your wedding. I however would say something like "I know you had a one night stand, BUT hello... it's not like your knocked up or anything. Can you just get over it so we can celebrate my special moment??" *lol*
    Anonymous