Question about hair for a military ball?

Okay, so I'm literally 35 weeks pregnant, so I have a huge chest and a huge belly. So I decided that I wanted to just curl my hair and then put in a nice head band that has a pretty little flower thing on the side. My question is, is it proper etiquette to wear your hair down for a ball, even if it is all curled and stuff? The dress is a pretty purplish jewel tone, and has a strip of sparkly something under my chest, so it's fancy enough I think.

I just don't want my hair pulled back then it looks like I have a little pinhead on top of a very round body! lol I just practiced doing my hair and makeup and I don't think it would look bad in any way if my hair stayed like this for the ball. With it curled it goes to my shoulders. I actually think I look pretty hot ;) which is amazing to think that since I haven't felt decent about my looks for awhile and it'll be awhile before I'm happy with my looks again I'm sure. :)

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have attended countless Navy and Marine Corp balls. I have never once worn my hair up. I don't like updo's on me. I have always worn it down with special cips, or a crystal embellished barrette. You go as YOU.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2009