I am so confused on what to do for my processional for 4 bridesmaids and 2 flower girls plus myself. My wedding is in a month and 8 days

Ok so my wedding is fastly approaching. I dont have my processional figured out yet either. I am not going to use the Bridal March, but had planned on using Cannon in D. But its a 6 minute song. I had planned on using just that song for everyone but my planner thinks I should use a second song for the bridesmaids. I have 4 bridesmaids and 2 flower girls. The song I had picked was a 2 and a half minute song, however I dont feel right having 6 minutes for myself to get down a spiral stair case and up the aisle when the girls only have 2 minutes. I also dont like the other song I picked (Bachs Cello Suite 1). Its a pretty song but just not for me. Any ideas? Our recessional is the Top Gun theme and our first dance is Take My Breath Away by Berlin, just to give you an idea of our tastes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• walk the staircase and the distnace for you to walk and see how long it takes. if it's six minutes i would think both you and your bridesmaid can do it in the same song. i wouldn't break it up. thats just me. as for anything else i'm stumped cause i don't know what your talking about.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Use the music you have selected, but use an abbreviated version of your song. "Splice" them together, maybe at a crescendo point--where the flower girls and bridesmaids end, and your entrance and walk begins?

I agree with the above poster....time your all of your walks--adding maybe 10-15 seconds on either end, and go from there! Have you asked the organist/musician what they recommend--I'm sure they've had similar experiences with other weddings there and similar if not the same music selections.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2009