how many people do you invite to a baby shower? what about obligated invites?

I'm starting to make a guest list for my baby shower. How many people can I invite?? What about the inlaws that I can't stand - that would NEVER throw me a shower and never even acknowledge me??? MUST I invite them??? They bring me down... Whats a good number to keep the guest list at???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have alot of people that I talk to so I just invited everyone. I think the total invites were around 85 or so. NO ONE is throwing me a shower, I am doing it all on my own. I feel that it's better to just invite everybody than to hear people complain about it later, plus the baby might get more stuff:)
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 1:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I hear women do it several ways. One example that comes to mind with your situation: moms might have different groups give them showers. So the in-laws would throw one for you IF they wanted to do a shower with you. If they're not offering one for their side then you don't need to worry about them. If you're only doing one shower (which is FINE) then you can invite those who you hold dearest to your heart-- those who show you love and support. (So not the in-laws.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• well if your hubby is not attending, mine was co-ed, I would just invite people who can make your day enjoyable

I think of a baby shower is to welcome the new parents or mom into parenthood and to celebrate the baby. so its a celebration for you to enjoy

I wouldnt invite the in laws if they arent the people you could have a good time with. and invite as many as you want. there were over 60 at ours because my mom invited a bunch of ppl i didnt know, LOL just invite anyone...keep in mind some people might not show so if you want a bigger turn out more is better
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2009