Can you fix a book?

I'm so irked! I have a practically new book that I was planning on reading after the new year, and about 10 pages have fallen out! It's paperback and please NOTE: we've owned it for a long time (several years), but we haven't read it yet. It was given to my husband in brand new condition.

I HATE when this happens with books! I tried taping the pages together, but that didn't work so I finally took them out and put a rubber band around them and the book -- I'll just read those separately when the time comes.

Anyway, is there any trick to fixing these? (This will happen to my son's/toddler's books sometimes, and I just tape them.) Grrrrrr!

Also, I don't want to get it from the library (I don't think ours carries it anyway) because that's the nice part of owning a book -- reading it at one's leisure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Entertainment

• Hi. There is book glue you can purchase. It sounds like the spine is falling apart (very common with mass market paperbacks). Best thing to do is glue, not tape, the spine and then use a rubber band around it while the glue dries. I'm a librarian, btw.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2009