Is Wal-Mart that much cheaper than Kroger?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Walmart tricks people into thinking their prices are so much better. The quality of their products isn't all that great and they only take like 2 to 5 cents off what everyone else is selling it for. I don't even like going in there that much.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 1:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I like Kroger better. Price wise if you watch sales I think Kroger is cheaper for the stuff I like to buy. Wal Mart stresses me out.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I buy everything at our grocery store (Giant Eagle) because the savings isn't THAT much of a difference. I may pay a little more (under a dollar most times) more for some things BUT I get 10 cents off per gallon for every $50 I spend at the grocery store. We buy 30 gallons of gas once a month (15 in the car and another 15 between 3 gas cans) for about $30-$35. Last night we bought 30 gallons of gas for $1.05 per gallon. For me, the savings on gas is worth not shopping at Wal Mart.
    Anonymous

• Depends on where you live and each individual item. I have found many items to be cheaper at my local grocery store than at Wal Mart.

I have even found within Wal Mart that sometimes the NAME BRAND item is cheaper than Wal Mart's generic, Great Value products.
    Anonymous

• I would rather shop Kroger than walmart. I find Kroger to be cheaper with better quality.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I have often wondered but never really had the time to compare. I do like Kroger's produce better. I have NEVER like WalMarts produce.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i shop kroger over walmart, most of the stuff i need is cheaper at kroger, but i also buy a lot of off brand, and i think kroger has way better produce than walmart. there are so many times i have bought produce at walmart to have it spoil a day later, plus the kroger here has a lot of "managers specials" and i love those (i got a gallon of chocolate milk yesterday for $1.50!)
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I would rather chew my feet off than to shop @ Walmart. I absolutely despise their stores.
    Im a Kroger shopper because I coupon ALOT with the Grocery game.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I find a lot of things cheaper at Walmart, but their selection is not nearly as wide as Kroger etc.. also, their produce just plain sucks. I think Walmarts meat is more expensive.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 6:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009