3 1/2 cm dil but no contractions...

I have been 3.5 cm dil for over a week now and i am 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I was wanting to know what i can do to speed up my contractions being atm i dont seem to be having any. My husband and i have done almost everything ( not Castor Oil).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hun i was 4cm for 10 wks beofre i deliver. if baby sint ready nothing isgoing to work. with ds i was 3 cm at 32 wks and i deliver at37 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• dilation doesnt cause contactions
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• With my first, I was 4 cm for over 2 weeks before I gave birth. NOTHING you do can much more than just "help you along." That baby is not budging if he or she is not ready. Enjoy these last few weeks of sleep! lol I know that's harder to do than saying it, but I you can't do much.

My second, I did the natural route, and I didn't even let them check me or strip my membranes. I think all that does is get your hopes up. lol
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 1:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You should re-consider getting your cervix checked. It is confusing you. :-(

Because what your cervix is doing day-to-day is not really relevant, you need to ignore it. (Or better yet, never find out what it's doing.)

Your body might not be ready for labor for 5 more weeks. Which is totally fine and normal.
    But how will you feel (in your head, not body) knowing that your cervix started to open?

Because it doesn't mean anything, you're sitting there expecting it to do SOMEthing. That is not fair.
    Now your talking about wanting to add risks to your pregnancy and to your baby because of these expectations.
    Your baby is not ready to come out, that is why you're not in labor.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• recommend just relaxing and stop thinking about it. It'll happen when it's time.
    Anonymous

• At 37 weeks i wouldn't recommend doing anything but relaxing and letting the baby come when its ready. Being x cm dilated does not mean that you are or should be in labor, it could easily be a couple of weeks.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2009