how many people can u have in the delivery room?

i live in CA, I want my mom, my husband and my best friend, its 3 too many??

bradynsmom222

Asked by bradynsmom222 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• every hospital hasdifferent guidelines. call and ask.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Every hospital is different... you need to call and ask.
    Anonymous

• In a hospital?
    You will need to ask their policies (which are changing due to h1n1).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• That doesn't sound like too many, but I would think it depends on the size of the room. I had my kids at a teaching hospital, so the delivery rooms were very large. I only had my husband with me, but there was a whole bunch of others just in there.....looking back, not sure why I didn't say get teh hell out. ha. I think because I was so drugged.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I could only have one person in there with me... I chose my mom and everyone else watched behind the glass :)

I would call and ask.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i live in california too and at my hospital i can have up to 3 people at the delivery portion, as many as I want before and after

call the hospital you are going to and ask
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• depends where you are. There were no set rules (or visiting hours even) at my hosp. If it got too crowded they could ask to leave and if I got upset they would step in if needed, but they didn't have a set limit.
    Anonymous

• Call the L&D dept of your hospital and ask their guidelines. You could ask your doctor what his/her preference is but you dont necessarily know who will be on call for the big day so I would ask L&D. Our hospital doesnt have a limit on the amount of people that can be in there and I had alot!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I had about 4 i dont think they wont mind and imma have them again lol congrats by the way!
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 3:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I was labor coach for my best friend in cali a month ago, their policy was two, but I stayed the whole time, daddy, and her 23yo daughter was there too. So that mad three. If it's your wishes it shouldn't be a problem.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2009