Can a 16 month old eat fish?

I have some Van de Kamps (spelling) fish portions. They are battered, but not fried or precooked, so I will have to bake them. My daughter will only eat chicken meat and turkey hotdogs. We don't eat much beef in this house and she has only had it with pasta. Anyway, I dont eat fish (yuck), but I know it's healthy and I thought that I should let her try it. It is too early? We also have some Tilapia and some other kind. Is it alright for her to have these?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, but not shellfish as it is strongly allergenic. My son likes tuna and other fish. You do have to be careful of the mercury content, but this website actually provides a decent guide for commonly-consumed fish and the mercury levels.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/fishmercury.htm
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 12:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• sure I don't see why not
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• It's not as healthy as it used to be. All fish are tainted with mercury now.
    It's sad that the human race has taken what used to be the mostly healthy food ever and poisoned it like that.
    We don't eat fish.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• We enjoy fish a lot here.
    Anonymous