Prometrium....help

I am taking prometrium twice a day, because I had a miscarriage back in May and this time around my progesterone level was 13.5. I take them once at 10am and then again at 10pm. My DR did say that some of the side effects were just like pregnancy symptoms but, worse. And holy cow was he right. I feel sick 24/7 and after i take the pill for about an hour, I feel like i'm drunk...Has anyone taken this and felt the same way? Does it get better the longer I take them? Or do you have an advice on how to maybe feel better? lol

Oh and there 100mg, and i'm 5wks and 4days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I have and it was like LSD. No joke, the trip was almost like LSD.
    i feel for ya. hope you can get off that crazy trip soon.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• sorry, didn't read the whole question, no it didn't get better. it got worse and lasted all day towards the end of therapy. it was just terrible, my DH had to take time off work cause it was like you said, like being drunk and we had 3 little kids at home.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• It's no fun, but it's worth it. The only good thing I can tell you is you'll be done with it in about 6 more weeks. Last time I did the shots - seemed like less side-effects, but I felt like a human pin-cushoin by the time I stopped taking them.
    Anonymous

• Are you taking them orally or vaginally? Mine were vaginally and I had no side effects except I had to use pantyliners while I was on it....sorry TMI! I just stocked up on medical gloves from the pharmacy and used those to reduce the "eewww" factor. lol!! Ask him if you can switch to vag and see if that will help. I had to take 200 mg, 2 times daily, from 6wks until 14 weeks. I had miscarried twice before this one and so far so good....this baby is strong and developing right on track! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2009